A few rain drops and some wet roads could not damper the spirit of the 44th annual Peachtree Road Race, the world’s largest 10k and its 60,000 (55,700 finished) runners who took to Peachtree to run from Lenox Square to Piedmont Park. Congratulations to all of the runners, race organizers and volunteers who made the race a success.
With its Georgia State roots (check it out here if you don’t know it yet), here are some times and accomplishments by Panther alums and some current runners. GSU had four runners in the top 200 overall finishers.
If you would still like to have your time listed, e-mail Mike Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zaven O’Bryant finished his fourth straight Peachtree in the top 100, placing 90th this year with a time of 33:36. He was the 21st fastest Georgian to finish.
- Current cross country and track & field runner Katharine Showalter finished in 180th with a time of 35:42. She was seeded and in the first group on the course. She was the 37th fastest female in the race.
- Chris Harper, a former Panther from Marietta, finished in 101st with a time of 33:55. He was the 26th fastest Georgian to finish.
- Another former Panther, Tyler Tomy, finished in 174th with a time of 35:30.
- Jennifer Rubel, a current student, finished in 651st place (92nd female) with a time of 41:18.
- Incoming GSU runner MacKenzie Nail placed 566th with a time of 40:39.
- Joshua Smith, a 2012 PoliSci grad finished with a time of 53:04.
- Chris Martz, a 2005 Spanish grad, running his fourth Peachtree, finished with a time of 57:39.
- John McCosh, running his 25th Peachtree and 24th in a row, graduated in 1984 and finished Thursday with a time of 59:21.
- Two-time GSU grad and current Associate Sports Communications Director Mike Holmes ran his second straight Peachtree and finished with a time of 1:01:27, taking off nearly eight minutes from his first Peachtree.
- Tanya Frierson, currently in the College of Education, finished with a time of 1:13:25.
- Vijal Bivek, a 2002 grad, finished with a time of 1:00:53.
- Dr. Charles Fallis, 87 years young, finished with a time of 1:44:26.
- Bill Brackin, one of the top runners in the 1970’s, finished 13th in the 65 and over group, earning a time of 50:27.
- Chuck Speight finished 21st in the 65 and older group, running his 38th Peachtree and finished with a time of 51:58.
- Chuck’s wife, Ann Speight, also ran her 38th Peachtree and finished with a time of 1:29:09.
- Jen Scarboro, a recent 2012 graduate running her fourth Peachtree, finished with a time of 1:19:01.
- Former Panther Lauren Postma finished with a time of 54:25.
- Former coach Lauren Blankenship finished with a time of 46:34.
- Recent cross country runner Zanny Anderson finished the Peachtree in 47:37.
- Current masters student (and Sports Communications intern) Glynn McGehee finished with a time of 55:48.
- Russell Dorn, who earned his masters from Georgia State, finished with a time of 1:20:17.
- And last, but certainly not least, a special thank you to Jamie Koh, a GSU alum and one of 3,400 volunteers who helped make the Peachtree possible for the rest of us.
Keep the times coming in:
- Current student Robert Hill finished in 436th place with a time of 39:37.
- Another current student, Stephen Havard finished in 355th with a time of 38:36.